Sunday, March 4, 2007

Lab 7 Strategy Session

Monday March 3, 2007
5pm - 8pm
@ Phelp 1413
The show starts at 5:40pm*

This will replace my office hours on Thursday.

* I will be there at 5pm. I will be eating my dinner and answering your questions. I will start talking about Lab 7 Strategy at 5:40pm. The talk may be about 60 - 90 mins.

Tentative Outline
  1. The math needed
    For those who already know how to write this program but get stuck on Math.
  2. How spiral example works
    Understanding how the spiral application (in the book) works.
  3. Basic hints
    Aimed at putting you in the right mindset to do the lab yourself. If you don't want to spoil the challenge, you should leave after this.
  4. More hints
    More detailed hints, suggested design. Warning: the fun could be spoiled. But you still need to understand what's going on in order to write the code.
  5. Even more hints? Nah... But let's look at some other examples.
    What if the lab is a Sierpinski Gasket? or a fractal tree?
  6. Questions

I can stick around a little after 8pm if people need me.

- Mock

No comments:

Contributors