Friday, March 2, 2007

Lab 7 Strategy Session

Dear cs10 Students,

Lab 7 seems to be tricky to many people, although it will not be much of a code change from the spiral example. I encourage you all to start early.

At least, please (please, please) read the lab and try to understand the example code by this weekend. Type it in your computer, run it, appreciate it, modify it to look differently. Play around with it. Try to understand how the code works.

Next, please read my Notes for Week #7 (previous post). Toward the end, I wrote about Sierpinski Gasket (which I didn't get to in the session yesterday). This, together with the spiral example in the book, can provide an insight into how you approach your lab.

Now, I would like to take a vote from you. If you care (:P), please reply to this email with answers to the following questions:
[1] Should I reschedule my office hours next week to Monday?
[2] If so, what time on Monday works for you?

I will call it a "Lab 7 Strategy Session" where I will provide "incremental hints" to those who need. You can come in, take some ideas, and leave (so you won't be spoiled by the hints). Or you can stick around to see more concrete examples of (other similar kinds of) fractals.

Have a nice weekend :)
- Mock

No comments:

Contributors